Get creative and score yourself a $150 voucher for books via bookshop.org. Comment directly on this Facebook post to enter. A click below will take you there!
We'll pick 2 runners-up, too. One for the most adorable comment and one for the funniest. Each runner-up will win 3 of our children's books.
Full terms and conditions:
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those comment on the Facebook Post here: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2949203245308330 The Campaign is open to those aged 18 or more as of the date of entry who are legal residents of the United States, Canada, New Zealand or Australia, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Pfannkuchen Press LLC, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Pfannkuchen Press LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting Dec 7, 2020 and ending on Dec 17, 2020 at 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time. Entries received after this time will not be valid.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting a comment that "continues the story" on this Facebook Post on this post: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2949203245308330. Comments must follow the instructions on the Post to be valid and must be of a tone suitable for a family audience. At its sole discretion, Pfannkuchen Press LLC may deem entries invalid due to incorrect tone or any other criteria, and may remove Comments from the Post.
5. Prizes: The Grand Prize Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a $150 voucher for bookshop.org in the USA, or local equivalent if the Winner resides in Canada, New Zealand or Australia. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Pfannkuchen Press LLC. The Runners-Up ("Runner-Up") will each receive 3 books of their choosing from the Once upon a Pancake children's series. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Pfannkuchen Press LLC's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Pfannkuchen Press LLC to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner and Runner-Up Selection and Notification: the Winner will be the valid Comment which has the highest number of Post Reactions at the Campaign end. The Runners-Up will be selected by judging panel under the supervision of Pfannkuchen Press LLC. Winner and Runners-Up will be notified by email and/or Facebook Messenger, depending on User-determined preferences, within five (5) days following the Campaign end. Pfannkuchen Press LLC shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT PFANNKUCHEN PRESS LLC‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (Facebook Comment), you understand and agree that Pfannkuchen Press LLC, anyone acting on behalf of Pfannkuchen Press LLC, and Pfannkuchen Press LLC’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Pfannkuchen Press LLC. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Pfannkuchen Press LLC from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Pfannkuchen Press LLC may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Pfannkuchen Press LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Pfannkuchen Press LLC’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Pfannkuchen Press LLC may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Pfannkuchen Press LLC. Pfannkuchen Press LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Pfannkuchen Press LLC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Pfannkuchen Press LLC reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Pfannkuchen Press LLC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND DELEWARE, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Delaware having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Pfannkuchen Press LLC .
14. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Pfannkuchen Press LLC is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
15. By participating in the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules & Regulations.